● Five-Piece Baffle, AMT Tweeter, Constant Phase ●
Pantheon – A temple built to honour the gods; a group of illustrious or notable persons or things
Joining the Gryphon pantheon of some of the world’s finest loudspeakers is the appropriately named Gryphon Pantheon. It slots into the Gryphon line-up as the brand’s most compact (relatively speaking) floor-standing model alongside the highly praised Pendragon and Trident II and stand-mount Mojo.
The family resemblance to these acclaimed reference monitor systems is strong and readily apparent, as the Pantheon draws heavily on technologies and components developed specifically by and for Gryphon Audio Designs.
Like its predecessors, Pantheon employs proprietary constant phase technologies to ensure that all drivers are in phase at all frequencies at all times, allowing the Gryphon Pantheon to re-create the original acoustic event with holographic realism and ultimate resolution.
Like all Gryphon loudspeakers, the high-frequency range in the Gryphon Pantheon is handled by an extraordinary Air Motion Transformer (AMT) drive unit with an extremely low-mass folded metal diaphragm capable of instantaneous response and a highly desirable point source sonic presentation.
The Pantheon cone drivers are made in Denmark by ScanSpeak to Gryphon’s exacting specifications and custom designed for low Q and minimal dynamic compression. The dual 8” bass drivers and dual 5” midrange units are specially developed with tightly focused, ultra-linear motor systems for maximum force and focus and total control of the motion of the layer-damped fiberglass cones.
The fourth order filter network is based exclusively on the finest components (Duelund, Jensen, Holm, Mundorf) in a layout carefully calculated to eliminate electromagnetic interaction and fitted to a decoupling platform to prevent vibration. The crossover network is pre-biased by a 28 V battery for constant charge to the electrolytic capacitors in the impedance correction circuit. Battery-biased “Class A” operation ensures a smoother, more richly detailed three-dimensional presentation.
The hand-adjusted Pantheon crossover network performs with impeccable precision and transparency.
The five-driver, three-way Gryphon Pantheon is housed in a sleek, tall, massively braced sculpted enclosure with precisely contoured modular baffle and driver surrounds and baffle covering carefully selected and applied to effectively address baffle reflections and eliminate diffraction phenomena.
Independent baffle elements for each driver break up the pathway through which vibrations would otherwise be transmitted in a single, shared baffle. The five dedicated Pantheon baffles allow precision time alignment of the individual drivers based on the now classic, subtle Gryphon baffle curvature.
Beneath its stylish exterior, Gryphon Pantheon offers an inert, non-resonant platform for the drive units combining extensive internal bracing and damping material with separate, precision tuned reflex chambers for the dual bass drivers and an isolated, sealed chamber for the twin midrange units.
The side panels are an ingenious modular construction for simple removal and replacement at any time.
Like every Gryphon product, Gryphon Pantheon is designed by Gryphon founder and CEO Flemming E. Rasmussen and manufactured in Denmark.
Pantheon will be introduced at the Munich High End Show in May.
For hi-rez pictures: www.Gryphon-audio.net/Imagery
Additional information and a list of distributors/dealers can be found at www.gryphon-audio.com
· Reference three-way loudspeaker system
· Constant Phase crossover for perfect phase at all frequencies at all times
· System response 25 – 40,000 Hz, -3 dB
· Hand-adjusted passive crossover network
· Battery-powered bias for selected crossover capacitors
· Ultra-fast Air Motion Transformer tweeter with low-mass pleated metal diaphragm
· Dual Gryphon 8″ bass drivers for extreme speed and precision with massive, controlled air displacement
· Danish ScanSpeak 8” bass drivers in separate precision-tuned reflex enclosures with extensive internal bracing
· Custom designed Danish ScanSpeak 5” midrange drive units with special basket, surround and centre dome
· Midrange drivers mounted in independent sealed enclosure
· Tightly focused, ultra-linear bass/midrange driver motor systems for maximum force and precise focus
· Mechanically independent baffles for each driver
· Special cone surround termination to eliminate edge reflections
· Symmetrical vertical driver array for ideal point source presentation
· Combination of pure wool and synthetic interior damping materials
· Stylish string grille for driver protection
· Gryphon internal wiring
· Virtually unlimited custom finish options
· Designed and built in Denmark
Weight 89 kgs( 1 speaker )
DimensionsH148 W29 D69 cm.
Price 35.000 euro per pair . + local taxes
About The Gryphon
Since its inception in 1985, Gryphon Audio Designs of Denmark has earned a worldwide reputation for state of the art performance, intuitive ergonomics and stunning aesthetic design. The Gryphon is among the select few High End brands to offer complete system solutions incorporating digital sources, amplification and loudspeakers.
- (Page 1 of 1)